Monday, February 11, 2008

MART 590E Game #3 Tecmo Baseball

So, I decided t do Tecmo Baseball for the NES as my special game of the week. I enjoyed there Tecmo Bowl and hoped that they could do something similar for Baseball. Unfornuately they did not. I meet a baseball game who's only advantage over the first baseball for the NES was moving your players and slightly better graphics, but in the end I think that these advantages did not make it a better game.

The main problem with the game is there was no way to tell where the ball was going to land, this often ended upith making bad fielding decisions and overall making it hard to win. I played through a game, taking about 15 minutes for all 9 innings, but I felt cheated by the ball always seeming just out of reach. I just couldn't ever geta grip on the controls either and never could advance bases properly, making it harder to score the runs I wasn't scoring. I cant' come up with any whity remarks for this game, it was just aother NES baseball game and it was good for te time but far fro what you expect from a bseball game today. This is Darton signing off til the next game.

No comments: